Kennedy's Letting Service
Full Management (12.2% inc VAT of the monthly rental)
- Provide Landlords with a current market appraisal and impartial advice regarding décor, furnishings, EPC etc.
- Advise Landlords of existing legislation with regards to ensuring the property meets current standards.
- Organise Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate and annual renewal (this is a legal requirement). The cost of this is approx. £72.00 inc VAT and payable by the Landlord. If the property requires smoke alarms/CO monitors, these can be fitted at the same time, prices may vary according to number of units required and we will be happy to confirm this with you.
- Arrange for the EPC and floorplan to be carried out and prepare property details to include photographs. The cost of the EPC and floorplan to be paid by the Landlord and is approx. £90.00 inc VAT.
- Advertise the property on Kennedys’ website, Rightmove, Findaproperty, Zoopla, Prime Location and all other relevant portals and display in Kennedys’ window in Walton on the Hill.
- Contact prospective tenants registered on our database and through web based enquiries.
- Accompany viewing appointments with prospective tenants.
- Assess suitability of prospective tenants through references using an independent referencing agency. This will include income and residential (landlord) references, plus credit search. It should be noted that Kennedys’ take no liability for any prospective tenant providing false or misleading information in their application.
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement (There will be a cost of £75.00 inc VAT for the Tenancy Agreement)
- Arrange for the property to be professionally cleaned to include carpets and windows. You will be required to cover the cost of this and we can provide you with a quote.
- Arrange for inventory and check-in using an independent inventory company. You will be required to cover the cost of this and we can provide you with the amount.
- We will collect the first months’ rent in advance, provide the tenant with details of Kennedys’ Client Account to make future rental payments. We will deduct our fee and any maintenance deductions and transfer the balance to your nominated account. Monthly thereafter once we have received the rent from your tenant we will transfer it to yourself, minus our fee subject to any maintenance deductions within five working days.
- We will hold the Security Deposit (the equivalent of six weeks rent) as Stakeholder under a government approved Deposit Scheme (My Deposits). There will be a charge of £30.00 inc VAT to protect the deposit.
- We will carry out six monthly visits and report back via email with regards to the condition of the property and any maintenance issues or concerns (if any) that may have arisen. If you wish to have a full report with photographs carried out this can be arranged at a cost of £60.00 inc VAT.
- We will deal with all property maintenance problems and would suggest a “slush fund” of £500 is held by Kennedys’. We will instruct contractors on your behalf up to a limit of £250 to be deducted from the slush fund, and thereafter by obtaining your instructions/consent. Should any works carried out exceed the amount held on your behalf you will be required to cover the costs of this. If you have any preferred contractors, please provide details of these including contact telephone numbers.
- Liaise between yourself and the tenants at the time of renewal and draw up new Tenancy Agreement for each new term (There will be a cost of £60.00 inc VAT for each renewal Agreement)
- Serve the Section 21 Notice on your behalf requiring vacant possession when required.
- Arrange for the check-out to be carried out at the termination of the tenancy. This is at the cost of the tenant. Once completed, a copy of the check-out will be forwarded to both parties. If there are any disputes, these will need to be made in writing at all times and we will assist you wherever possible but must remain completely impartial at all times. Once written consent is received from yourself we will return the deposit accordingly.