About the property
This beautiful 6 bedroom Edwardian House was built in 1908 for the Doctor of the Village, Dr Ronald French. Then named Ranmore, it and the Kingswood Arms pub (then the Station Hotel) were the only two buildings on Waterhouse Lane. Now named, Arkudi, this striking home is a fine example of its era and sits on its discreet and very secluded plot of some 0.6 of an acre, yet is within easy reach of the Village and railway station.
The house has been through a painstaking renovation programme by the current owners who have sympathetically restored all the period features using only the highest specification materials, fixtures and fittings, brass hardware etc. High ceilings, intricate coving, original oak and parquet flooring through the living, dining and family rooms, cast iron column radiators, under floor heating to all tiled areas in all bathrooms (including the annexe) and kitchen, recently installed ‘Megaflow’ water pressured system with brand new pipework to enable the system to work at its absolute optimum, CP Hart ceramics in family bathroom and shower room. Imperial ceramics in cloakroom na... Read more