Should you wish to apply to rent a property marketed by Kennedys' and an offer has been accepted by the landlord, our Administration and Referencing Fees will be due. Please note the Administration and Referencing Fees are non-refundable if you decide to withdraw from the process or the tenancy cannot commence due to unsatisfactory references.
Once this fee has been paid, the referencing and ID process will commence which includes employment/income references, previous landlord reference (if applicable) to establish suitability to rent. You will also need to supply identification in person to the office. This applies to anyone living in the property over the age of 18. A list of suitable documentation can be provided upon request. The reference checks are carried out by an external referencing agency. Once satisfactory references and ID checks are received and the terms of tenancy are agreed with the Landlord, the Tenancy Agreement will be drawn up and all applicants will be required to come in to the office in person to sign the document. You will also be invoiced for the first months' rent, Security Deposit and Tenancy Agreement. These monies are due at least three working days prior to occupation by bank transfer. Your Security Deposit will then be protected by My Deposits and a certificate will be produced which must be picked up and signed for in the office within seven days of the tenancy commencing.
Shortly before the termination of your tenancy you will be contacted to arrange for a convenient time for the check out to be carried out. This will be payable by yourselves and prices vary according to the size of the property. The cost will be confirmed to you when the check out is booked and you may choose to pay the inventory clerk direct prior to the check out or if you prefer the cost can be deducted from your Security Deposit with your consent.
Throughout any of the aboe we will be happy to advise or assist you as much as we can.
Lettings Department Tenant Fees
All fees are inclusive of VAT
• Administration fee: £240.00 for two people and £75.00 for each additional applicant thereafter
• Security Deposit: 1.5 months’ rent
• Credit checks/referencing: £25.00 / person over the age of 18
• New tenancy agreements: £75.00 (for Kennedys' Tenancy Agreement) If the landlord uses there own the cost will be advised.
• Further alterations to agreement (extra): £25.00
• Renewal tenancy agreements: £60.00
• Check out
Unfurnished POA dependent on size of property
Furnished POA dependent on size of property
• Late payment charge (for rent more than three days in arrears): £180.00
• Bounced cheque charge: £25.00
• Cash payment fee £1.50 per: £100.00