Let Only with Rent Collection 10.2% inc VAT of the monthly rental
Let Only without Rent Collection 8.2% inc VAT of the monthly rental
- Provide Landlords with a current market appraisal and impartial advice regarding décor, furnishings, EPC etc.
- Advise Landlords of existing legislation with regards to ensuring the property meets current standards.
- Arrange for the EPC and floorplan to be carried out and prepare property details to include photographs. The cost of the EPC and floorplan to be paid by the Landlord and is approx. £90.00 inc VAT.
- Advertise the property on Kennedys’ website, Rightmove, Findaproperty, Zoopla, Prime Location and all other relevant portals and display in Kennedys’ window in Walton on the Hill.
- Contact prospective tenants registered on our database and through web based enquiries.
- Accompany viewing appointments with prospective tenants.
- Assess suitability of prospective tenants through references using an independent referencing agency. This will include income and residential (landlord) references, plus credit search. It should be noted that Kennedys’ take no liability for any prospective tenant providing false or misleading information in their application.
- You will be required to organise for the Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate to be carried out (this is a legal requirement) and thereafter on an annual basis. We will send you a reminder when this is due but it will be your responsibility to have this completed. Should you require Kennedys’ to carry this out on your behalf the cost of this is approx. £72.00 inc VAT and payable by yourself. If the property requires smoke alarms/carbon monoxide (CO) detectors, these will need to be fitted at the same time. Please note that if we are not in possession of a valid certificate prior to the commencement date, the tenancy will not proceed.
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement (There will be a cost of £75.00 inc VAT for the Tenancy Agreement)
- Arrange for the property to be professionally cleaned to include carpets and windows. You will be required to cover the cost of this and we can provide you with a quote.
- Arrange for inventory and check-in using an independent inventory company. You will be required to cover the cost of this and we can provide you with the amount.
- For Let Only with Rent Collection we will collect the first months’ rent in advance and provide the tenant with the details of Kennedys’ Client Account for them to instruct their bank to make future rental payments. We will deduct our fee and transfer the balance to your nominated account. Monthly thereafter once we have received the rent from your tenant we will transfer it to yourself, minus our fee or any other agreed deductions within five working days.
- For Let Only without Rent Collection we will collect the first months’ rent in advance and provide the tenant with the details of your bank account to make future rental payments from the second month onwards. We will deduct our fee in advance for the duration of the tenancy and transfer the balance to your nominated account. Should the first months’ rent not be sufficient to cover our fee we will send you a separate invoice for payment to be made within seven days.
- We will hold the Security Deposit (the equivalent of six weeks rent) as Stakeholder under a government approved Deposit Scheme (My Deposits). There will be a charge of £30.00 inc VAT to protect the deposit.
- Liaise between yourself and the tenants at the time of renewal and draw up new Tenancy Agreement for each new term (There will be a cost of £60.00 inc VAT for each renewal Agreement)
- Serve the Section 21 Notice on your behalf requiring vacant possession when required.
- Arrange for the check-out to be carried out at the termination of the tenancy. This is at the cost of the tenant. Once completed, a copy of the check-out will be forwarded to both parties. If there are any disputes, these will be dealt with direct between yourself and your tenant. Once written consent is received from both parties we will return the deposit accordingly.